Sunday, April 26, 2009

Swimming In The Waters Of Bedok Reservoir

Wow, this 2 days was having competition at bedok reservoir, and the results was ok, although we din get into finals for any of the races...

Out of 4 races that we have participated, 2 of the races went into semi-finals, which is the 20mens and CSC race.

For CSC race I did not roll but my team almost got into finals but lost be split seconds and came in 3rd in semi-finals, so thats the end for it.

And the one that I was rowing, which is the 20mens boat, really made my day. My competitors were really strong, which consist of RP, NP, NYP, and another 2 teams. Even though we know they were strong, we have decided to put in our best shot in the race and hope to achieve at least a 3rd for that race. We had very high morale! But things eventually turn out out of expectations everytime...

In the first 100meters of the race, we started very well, and were quite near, and maybe even on par with the poly teams. But this is when unexpected things happen...

1 of the competitor boats beside our lane lose control and crash into our boat, cause our boat to capsized... How unexpected... The moment I realized that was when the boat was 45 degrees tlited, and I was thinking, not again! Why did I say tat, because its my 2nd offically 20men race, and everytime its the 20men boat that accidents happen. First time was during regatta last year where a boat came crashing into us right before the finishing line, and this time even better, we got capsized.

The moment I fall into the water I was like cursing in my heart, cause I was hoping to see what are my best results I could get. Hai... Super Sad and Angry...

But anyway, 1 thing I can confirm is that bedok reservior waters is sure to be cleaner and much more nicer than lower seletar's water!

Another news, I got my enlistment letter and my enlistment date is like october 8th. Thats like freaking long. Now I am considering to apply for early enlistment or not. Please gimme some advice people! and tell me when is your enlistment date! If I dun go in early I have to start looking for jobs again... Sian...

And there goes my first PA Paddlez Race experience, and I believe that we are the 1 and only team that have capsized in PA Paddlez 2009 race... Lolx!

No comments: